CarePortMD and the Delaware Division of Public Health recently completed a multi-week tour of Delaware’s independent pharmacy network in an effort to better integrate community pharmacists with multidisciplinary care teams delivering personalized care for chronic diseases. The purpose of the tour was to familiarize pharmacies with State and Federally-funded programs aimed combating the epidemics of diabetes and hypertension, and provide pathways for their engagement. The second arm of this project is to amplify existing efforts of the State and organizations like Quality Insights to deliver impactful clinical support resources. CarePortMD will continue to serve as a hub for clinical access, scheduling logistics and resource distribution for collaborative care across the region.
EDISCO by Quality Insights and the Delaware Division of Public Health have partnered
to provide a series of interactive and engaging e-learning courses. The following six courses are offered at no cost to Delaware medical practices through June 30, 2021.
- Medication Therapy Management: Improving medication adherence is an important way to increase quality and reduce cost. Learn how collaborating with pharmacists to provide medication therapy management can greatly impact patient adherence.
- Colorectal Cancer (CRC) Screening: Looking to engage your entire care team on the essentials of CRC screening and options for patients? Take this course for great tips on implementing CRC screening!
- Screening for Life: If you are a Screening for Life provider or interested in becoming one – this is a great course for everyone on your team.
- Motivational Interviewing*: Learn how to expand the role of yourteam and encourage enhanced communication with patients.
- Health Literacy*: If your practice is striving to embrace diversity and reach all populations, this course is for you!
- Tobacco Cessation*: Learn how to support your patients’ efforts to quit tobacco and improve their chances for success.
For more information from Quality Insights